Now on Facebook & Twitter!

Follow me on Facebook and on Twitter!

I am posting new reviews all the time so if you've enjoyed my review(s) please follow me or subscribe to my posts!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gaiam's Prenatal Yoga DVD with Shiva Rea


When I was pregnant with my first in 2007/2008, I didn't follow any type of workout regimen and I really got out of shape and gained more weight than I'd like to admit.  When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter in 2010, I was determined to be more active and stay in shape during my pregnancy for both me and my baby.  I'd read that there are so many benefits to prenatal yoga that I wanted to give it a try even though I'd never done yoga before.  I am really glad that I purchased the Gaiam Prenatal Yoga DVD with Shiva Rea.  I enjoyed practicing yoga while pregnant and I think that it definitely helped me remain limber and not lose a lot of muscle tone/ranges of motion like I did when pregnant with my son.  I also experienced less backache/muscle pain during my second pregnancy.  I believe this was due, in part, to using this DVD at least twice a week (I often used it two to four times per week in conjunction with Suzanne Bowen's Prenatal Workout, review here).


Features (from the manufacturer)
  • With Shiva Rea's Prenatal Yoga DVD, longtime yoga instructor Shiva Rea addresses the changing needs of pregnant women with safe, effective stretches and exercises you can modify for each trimester so you reap the greatest benefits.
  • Focused on helping you feel comfortable, relaxed and fit during pregnancy, this workout will increase your energy and stamina, and build strength, flexibility and balance.
  • The emphasis on proper technique and deep breathing improves focus and concentration, which can help ease labor and delivery.
  • The gentle stretches help reduce fatigue, tension and tightness, while promoting relaxation and improved circulation.
  • 70 minutes.

If you would like to check out this DVD on Amazon, here is the link:  Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea

Hopefully you benefit from this DVD the way that I did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment